Even though the first day of summer isn’t till June 21, I think its save to say that most college students have been on their summer break for about a month already. Its that time of the year for partying in the sunshine with friends and family. Here is my compilation of great party songs for the summer. (Not to brag, but I feel like I’m pretty good at themed music.) Enjoy!!
10. “Summertime, Summertime” by The Jamies. Though this classifies as Oldies. Its one of my favorites. It just gets me into that summertime mind frame.
9. “Summer Girls” by LFO. They didn’t make it as big as the other boy bands, but they hit the mark with this cheesy, but fun summer shout out.
8. “Saturday in the Park” by Chicago. Now if the thing you look foward to most about summer is the 4th of July, this is your song. You can’t have summer without fireworks.
7. “Cruel Summer” by Bananarama. This is a tribute to all those whose summer flings that didn’t exactly work out. Hang in there. (Its also fun to sing along too!)
6. “This Afternoon” by Nickelback. Yeah, yeah I know this song talks about smoking pot and what not; but let’s face it, if it has a catchy tune we’ll listen. Anyway, this songs great for partying anyway you want to do it.
5.”Vacation” by The Go-gos. What go-goes better with summer than vacation?… Yeah, can’t think of anything either.
4. “California Gurls” by Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dog. This fun snappy song will have you dancin’ till your feet are numb. I Love You Katy Perry!!!!! Snoop your alright.
3. “All Summer Long” by Kid Rock. I hate to admit it, but this Sweet Home Alabama/Werewolves of London remix is a good song for a summer party. (Even though he likes to steal others songs and use them as his own. Way to go Kid Rock!!)
2. “Miami” by Will Smith. Everyone loves the beach! Listening to this summer classic will make you want to say “Welcome to Miami.”
1. “Kokomo” by The Beach Boys. Basically any song they wrote is for summer, but this one is a summer staple. You can’t go wrong with throwing a little Beach Boys in your summer party mix.
Honorable Mentions: “Sex on the Beach.” by Venga Boys. Yeah baby, nothing says summer than sand up the asscrack.
“Car Wash” by Rose Royce. Though I love the song, I just don’t want to think of summer chores when I’m relaxing in the cool summer breeze.
“Margaritaville” by Jimmy Buffett. No one wants to hear the drunkerds of summer singing this horrible song at 2am.
“Boys of Summer” by Don Henley. I’m not making fun of this one. It’s one of my favorites. Maybe it should replace “Summer Girls?” No, its not really right for that party atmosphere.
On behalf of all the blowholes: We hope you have a save and happy summer!!!